I was raised in Eugene/Springfield, Oregon in the 1980s. I had never heard of Autism or Asperger’s until I was in college and I met someone with Asperger’s. Still, I never thought twice about it really. However, this past holiday season I started watching videos on TikTok and I found myself sucked into the videos about the Autism spectrum. They all seemed to explain so many things about myself that I never could quite understand, even after going to doctors my whole life about my anxiety and dis-ease.
Now looking at the people I have surrounded myself with, I see they too show signs of being on the Autism spectrum. Please, if you grew up in Oregon research the Autism spectrum. Especially, if you have “special interests”. Autism is not proven to be caused by just one thing, but Asperger’s has been linked to overexposure to toxins during pregnancy/gestation. With all the lumber mills and other signs of modern industrialization in the 1980’s Autism is something that could be plaguing a whole generation.
Never in my life would I have thought I had Asperger’s genius, until I partook in detoxing my body for years. After removing heavy metals from my brain and body for a couple years, I cannot believe the difference it has made. It is like stepping out of a fog and into the light, both metaphorically and literally.
Signs of Autism
- Extreme sensitivity to light, touch, and sound.
- Repetitive behaviors like hand-flapping, messing with your hair, rocking, jumping, or twirling, etc.
- Constant moving(pacing) and hyper behavior.
- Fixation on certain activities or objects, aka “special interests”.
- Delayed language skills as a child.
- Delayed movement skills as a child.
- Avoids or does not keep eye contact.
- Epilepsy or seizure disorder.
- Unusual eating and/or sleeping habbits
- Gastrointestinal issues.
- Anxiety, stress, or excessive worry.
- Lack of fear or more fear than expected.
To all my friends with anxiety in Oregon, maybe you just are on the Autism spectrum and just need to learn to soothe your nervous system? I love you all.